Joe Hendren

[ Home ] [ Articles ] [ Blog Home ] [ Travel ] [ Links] [About Me]

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wellington and interviews

In Wellington today for a job interview, will be in the capital for a couple of days. I would rather not say at this stage exactly what the job is, just in case I don't get it :)

As part of the interview process I had to do a 10 minute presentation. I found myself quite stressed out about the presentation late late last night as I did not feel the ideas were jelling together at all well.

Well I surprised myself today. I felt the presentation and the interview went very well. I honestly don't know if I will get the job or not, as I expect I am up against some good people, but it served as a good personal lesson not to let my perfectionism gene run rampant in the early hours of the morning. Feeling a lot happier about things now, but in need of sleep!

It was obvious a great deal of thought had gone into designing the interview process and I thought the quality of questions was very high. I was surprised as part of the interview to be asked for my reaction to a series of pictures. For example one picture was a painting of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi. As an interview technique I thought this worked far better than I would have expected, but perhaps my tendency to think outside the square did help somewhat :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:41 pm, Blogger Kakariki said...

Yeah, same from me! Let us know how you get on.

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger Joe Hendren said...

thanks :)

bah! I didn't get it but I was told I was very close.

Why is it easier to take when you can recognise how you stuffed up in the interview or how you were lacking in obvious experience? Instead they said they liked me - double bah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home