Joe Hendren

[ Home ] [ Articles ] [ Blog Home ] [ Travel ] [ Links] [About Me]

Friday, September 22, 2006

ANZ does in Feltex, I close my account

At lunchtime today I went into my local National Bank branch and closed my last account. While my main accounts were transferred over to Kiwibank some time ago, I had banked with National and its predecessors since I was about 7 years old, including the time before the ANZ/National monster ate Countrywide.

On the form where it asks why I closed my account I wrote "Due to the greedy and shortsighted decision of the ANZ National bank to force Feltex into receivership".

To be honest it was an account I planned to close anyway - but I was pleased to have a chance to make the point.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope more New Zealanders do the same thing and show the ANZ that they disapprove of their decision.

The ANZ are one of the reasons that the Feltex potential restructure by the Turner brothers has failed. The real cost are the mill workers who have lost their jobs, for some who have worked there 20 years.

 
At 6:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have a Westpac account (which I've had since it was Trust Bank) switching to Kiwibank is on my long-term to-do list

 
At 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
If only more Kiwi's woke up to the profit not people agenda of multinational corporate scumbags.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home